1. Right to request access to your information
You have the right to request that Suburban discloses certain information to you about our collection and use of your information over the past 12 months. Once Suburban receives and confirms your request, Suburban will disclose to you:
- the categories of information collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the information is collected;
- our business purpose for collecting or sharing the information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the information;
- the specific pieces of information we collected about you; and
- if we sold or disclosed your information for a business purpose, identifying the information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
2. Right to request deletion of your information
You have the right to request that Suburban deletes your information that we collected and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and verify your request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Please note that there are some exemptions as to what is required to be deleted. We may retain information (a) to protect our business, systems and users from fraudulent activity, (b) to identify and repair errors that impair existing functionality, (c) as needed for us or others to exercise free speech or other rights provided by law, (d) to comply with the law, (e) for scientific or historical research, (f) to provide the services for which we collected the information and (g) for our own internal and lawful purposes reasonably related to your relationship with us.
3. How to exercise your rights to access your information or have your information deleted
You may submit a verifiable consumer request to exercise your rights to access your information or to have Suburban delete your information:
- By sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- By calling us at 518.431.7600
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Suburban can only respond to requests that it can verify. Your request must therefore provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected the information and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understanding, evaluate and respond to it. Suburban cannot respond to your request or provide you with information if we cannot verify your identity or the authority to make the request and also confirm the information relates to you. We will only use information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive or unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. We will not deny, charge you a different price or rate for or provide (or suggest) a different level of quality of goods or services if you exercise these rights.
5. Changes to the Privacy Notice
6. Contact information
If you have any questions about this notice or our treatment of the information you provide us, please contact us.
By email at: email@example.com.
By phone at: 518.431.7600
Effective: September 2020