Suburban Hospital Alliance of New York State, LLC
This website is provided by the Suburban Hospital Alliance of New York State, LLC and its members Nassau-Suffolk Hospital Council and Northern Metropolitan Hospital Association and their respective subsidiaries (collectively referred to as “Suburban”). Suburban is committed to protecting personal information and keeping you informed of your rights when using the Suburban website.
Additional terms may apply to other services provided by Suburban’s subsidiaries.
1. What information we collect
The Website collects information that identifies, relates to, references and is capable of being associated with or linked to you or your device. A device means your computer, phone and or other web-connected device. The Website collects the following categories of information:
- Identifying Information/Personal Information. This may include your name, title, address, email, phone number, online identifier, Internet Protocol address and/or account name. Suburban may collect additional information if you fill out a form or other request for information, such as professional or employment-related information (e.g., job title).
- Internet or other similar network activity. This may include your browsing history, search history or information on your interaction with a website, application or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. This includes your physical location only.
2. Sources we collect the information from
We obtain the information listed above (a) directly from you (for example, forms you complete on the Website), and (b) indirectly from you (for example, from monitoring our Website usage).
3. Use of your information
Suburban may use the information that we collect for one or more of the following business purposes.
- To send you:
- information about a conference or webinar;
- email newsletters and alerts; and
- marketing messages and advertisements.
- For other business purposes to include:
- providing, support and/or improving our products and services;
- compiling a directory or list of persons registered to attend an event;
- understanding general traffic patterns to our Website;
- managing data security;
- complying with or enforce, agreements with you; and
- performing other business activities with your consent.
Suburban will not sell your information or use your information for any other non-business purpose.
4. Disclosure of information
Suburban may disclose the information we collect from you (a) to service providers and other third parties that Suburban uses to support its business, (b) to a buyer or other successor in the event of a sale of some or all of Suburban’s business or assets, (c) for any other purpose disclosed by Suburban when you provide the information, (d) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, (d) to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request, (e) to carry out any obligations between Suburban and you arising out of any contracts entered into between you and Suburban. Suburban may also disclose your information for other purposes as needed, but only if you specifically consent to those purposes.
Suburban cannot and does not give absolute assurance any information you transmit to us will not be accessed inappropriately or unlawfully by third parties.
7. Children’s privacy
The Website is not intended for use by children under eighteen (18) years of age. Suburban does not knowingly or intentionally solicit or collect personal information from or about any such children, or market its products or services to children. If Suburban becomes aware that it has inadvertently received personal information from a user under the age of eighteen (18), it will delete such personal information from its records.
8. For California residents only
As of Jan. 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act provides residents of the State of California with certain rights regarding the collection of personal information.
9. Do Not Track Policy
The Website is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from web browsers.
11. Contact information
By email at: email@example.com
By phone at: 518.431.7600
Effective: September 2020