Candidates eligible for the award meet the following criteria:
- resident of Nassau or Suffolk County;
- presently a college junior, senior or post graduate student;
- major course of study is journalism, marketing/communications, or health care administration (the scholarship is not for clinical study);
- current GPA of 3.0 or higher; and
- demonstrates community service and campus leadership.
Candidates are required to submit, in this order only and as one complete package:
- completed application;
- copy of college transcripts (student copies acceptable);
- a two-page, double-spaced essay of introduction and description of future goals; and
- two letters of recommendation from college professors and/or community service leaders.
Applicants may also submit their documents, in the order noted above, in a single PDF file and submit via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2019 application process is now closed. Check back in March 2020 for information about the 2020 scholarship.